Tuesday 9 August 2011

My guest vegetable gardener this week is Joan Cluer


Joan is my second gardener to be featured on my mini series which follows other vegetable gardeners and their experiences this season. 

Joan Cluer

Occupation - Retired secretary

Joan has over 60 years of vegetable gardening experience.

Best bits
"Well my most successful crop this year has to be the Kestral potatoes. They are enormous and scrape really well" said Joan. "The beans are fantastic, also the beetroot has been superb. The tomatoes are doing really well too!"

Worst bits
"No disasters this year, bit of black fly but very happy with it all"

Things you would do differently next year
"I'll be growing less potatoes, there are far too many for one person. I'd like to grow more broad beans and carrots. Onions and parsnips would be nice too, and I'd like to get a little green house".

Joan adds- " I love to potter around in the garden, a bit of weeding, it's very satisfying. I love making casseroles and freeze my beans so that I can use them all year round".

Next week Alan Gill-retired linguist.

If you would like to feature as a guest gardener, please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment