Thursday 4 August 2011

Look what I cooked up on an Aga!



Until yesterday I'd not so much as boiled a kettle on an Aga.

So when I offered to knock up a Risotto for my lovely friend with a stiff neck I was a little apprehensive but once in my stride it was a dream, in fact I want one!

We picked a couple of courgettes and about 20 broad beans (then podded) and 1 onion.

I started off by making 750ml of vegetable stock.

I then sliced the courgettes and onion and fried in a large heavy pan until just coloured, I then added a couple of chopped garlic cloves (sadly not home grown-maybe next year) and stirred.

Then I added about half a packet of abborio rice. After a few seconds I added a good cupful of white wine, once fully absorbed I added hot vegetable stock-1 ladle at a time-stirring often.

Once all the stock has been used (this should take about 20 mins-don't rush this bit as all the rice needs to absorb the liquid slowly ).It is almost ready.

Lastly I added some strips of smoked salmon, chopped parsley and grated parmesan.

If I say so myself-it was bloody good!



No comments:

Post a Comment