Monday 21 March 2011

Sowing some seeds




Today I planted the first seeds of the year!


I bought some nice big bags of compost and some new seed trays with lids.


I started by pouring my soil in and tamping down slightly. Then created a little groove to plant each row-one row at a time! Then labeled carefully-it's so easy to forget what you've planted. The best thing to do is read the plant packet to find out how deep to plant the seeds-the bigger the seed the deeper they go.


So today I put in about 5 varieties of tomatoes-always great to have a selection. Plus peppers, Chillis and Courgettes. Thought I had Cucumber seeds but couldn't find them so I'll have to get some more-then again I might not bother with cucumber-I only got a few last year, they were absolutely lovely though-nothing like the shop bought ones.


Once labeled I watered very gently then popped the lids on.


I've put them on the office windowsill in the house-They have everything they need: soil, water, warmth and light.


In a few weeks time I expect to see lots of little seedlings coming through-then it will be out to the greenhouse with them.





No comments:

Post a Comment