Monday 28 March 2011

Cranford has new beds!

At long last we now have fabulous raised beds in our own garden.


This weekend we shovelled 4 cubic meters of soil from the drive by wheelbarrow to the beds.


I bought blended soil and mushroom compost-it makes the soil perfect for vegetable growing.


A small patch of spare ground was looking a bit redundant so I've made a handy herb patch which is next to the kitchen door. I've planted: Parsley, Thyme, Oregano and Coriander.


The weather is looking pretty good-so if there is no frost due I'll think about getting my potatoes and onion sets in this week.


I've had a peep at the seeds I planted last week  and the Courgettes are just peeping through.


So exciting-I want the veg patch to be really abundant this year,I'm so looking forward to eating my own tasty vegetables again - roll on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment