Saturday 26 March 2011

Planting Cucumber seeds


I've decided to do Cucumbers in the greenhouse again even though they were a bit pathetic last year-I think I got one fruit off each plant!


Alfie has helped me on this one-I'm planting 6 in individual pots-I probably only need about 3 but I always plant more than I need just in case some don't grow-and if they do I'll give them away as presents to my lovely friends!


So fill each pot with compost-make a hole with a pencil about 1/4" deep and pop the seed in. Cover over with soil and water gently-then label.


I've put mine in the office which is warm and light-then covered with cling film to make them extra cosy. They should come up in a week or so-keep moist but not saturated otherwise the seeds can rot.




That's it really-I'll move them out to the greenhouse when they are about 3" high.

No comments:

Post a Comment