Saturday 7 May 2011

Tyntesfield walled kitchen garden


This has got to be the most inspiring kitchen garden I've ever visited.


It's really beautifully laid out with big wooden doors in the walls and amazingly each strip of mortar has these metal rings to hook climbing plants onto-its quite remarkable.


One length of the wall is a huge greenhouse with fantastic vines growing inside.


The remaining walls have beautifully trained fruit trees creating elegant fan shapes: fig, apples, pear, apricot and cherries.


My favourite thing of all though has to be the asparagus beds-I want one!


As you can see from my pictures I have put none of the house on here-it was a very Gothic Victorian pile-great example of its type but not my scene.


By the way its owned by The National Trust and is in North Somerset.












No comments:

Post a Comment