Friday 1 April 2011

Planting potatoes

My potatoes are nicely chitted so I decided in between making spinach,feta & filo tart and knocking up a tomato salad for supper I would quickly pop them in the ground.


It took about 10 minutes max.


Step1.
I had a look at my planting guide to remind myself where they were going!.


Step 2
Then measured out lines of 24 inches apart-I use bean poles as a ruler- take a look at the pic below-it will become clear!


Step 3
I then placed my potatoes 12 inches apart along the rows.


Step 4
Each potato needs to be planted 6 inches deep - then label the rows. 


I've planted 3 rows. 


I'll plant another 3 rows of the main crop in about 3 weeks time.


It was so easy-and they taste so much better than anything you can buy in the shop.





No comments:

Post a Comment