Sunday 17 July 2011

Lemon drizzle cake recipe


This recipe comes from my lovely mum-it's one of the only cakes I've ever made successfully. It's absolutely delicious and everyone who is lucky enough to get their hands on a slice loves it!

Cake
110g butter
175g caster sugar
175g self raising flour
4 tbsp milk
2 large eggs-beaten
finely grated rind of 1 lemon

Syrup
3 tbsp icing sugar
juice of 1 lemon

Pre heat oven to 180 c
Line a 2lb loaf tin with baking paper
Cream the fat and sugar then beat in the eggs, add the flour, lemon rind and milk-mix well (I bung all my ingredients into my food processor it whizz it round for a minute until its all mixed in beautifully)-easy!

Pop the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 40-50 mins.

Once the cake is out of the oven - heat up the juice and sugar in a pan and when the cake is still warm pour the syrup over the cake.

Leave in the tin to cool then devour!

No comments:

Post a Comment