Saturday 24 March 2012

Growbags are so ugly....

...but great for growing tomatoes in. 



I grow my tomatoes in the greenhouse (you can of cause grow them just as well against a sheltered south facing wall) the problem I had last summer that although I dug in a load of organic matter my soil wasn't really good enough. So I've bought growbags, the thing is I find the bright red and yellow plastic a bit of a turn off. So I've half buried some large pots-in the soil, in the greenhouse and filled them with growbag soil-it looks alright! The pots hopefully won't dry out too much as they are sunken but the soil should be good enough. I'll let you know how I get on!

I've raked in some chicken pellets this year, I normally dig out my friends manure pile but to be honest-life is too short to get old horse poo under your nails on such a glorious day like today (It's 21 degrees here today!).

So my lovely garden is already to go, I'm planning on planting my potatoes next week.

Happy gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment