Tuesday 10 May 2011

Prawn reaction...

Well I didn't know it until yesterday but I'm allergic to one of my favourite foods-prawns.


I hadn't had a reaction before, just a small rash that I put down to a bad batch.


Monday morning I started to itch, before I knew it I was covered in red bite looking lumps that very quickly turned into huge raised blotchy hives all over my body, my hands were swelling- at this point I started to panic as I know that if you get swelling in your mouth and throat it can kill you!


I unlocked the front door (just in case I needed an ambulance) and called NHS direct. After a series of questions like can you put your head on your chin etc they said not to worry-take piriton and rub anti-itch cream into hives.


Finally the bumps started to go down. 2 days later the rash keeps coming and going but to a much lesser degree-just feel very tired but I think thats all the Piriton!


So no more prawns for me sadly

No comments:

Post a Comment