Tuesday 23 November 2010

My garden diary

There's something wonderful about writing a garden diary. It's a great way to keep a record of everything you've planted. When you planted it and where you planted it. If your crop was hugely successful or a big flop!


It's wonderful to look back over the years and see what you were up to.... and what the weather was doing.


Planning ahead for the coming year is a crucial part of vegetable gardening. I'm sure if you're reading this you will know you need to rotate your crops for 4 years to stop the build up of pests in the soil and to stop the soil getting stripped of the same nutrients.


I often refer back to my diary which has planting plans, names of favourite varieties of tomatoes I've enjoyed and ones I haven't! Photos of the first crops appearing and the greenhouse under a foot of snow.


I hope this inspires you to do one of your own.



No comments:

Post a Comment